- Using various CNC machines to manufacture aircraft parts, ala bearings.
- Ensure the smooth running of the machines in the cell at all times
- Ensure all components meet the required quality standards
- Ensure product is delivered ‘On Time In Full’
- Inspecting for defects or non-conformance to design (when needed)
- Be involved in setting and maintaining high standard workplace organisation
- Be fully trained in all cell disciplines and help set optimum running conditions to meet delivery requirements.
- Dependent upon the cell, the role may include turning, milling, grinding and drilling.
- Good knowledge / work experience in CNC
- Carry out self-inspection / sanctioning of work within the cells
- May also be required to carry out other tasks- assembly, pinning and non-machinery.
- Setting/operating CNC machinery (ala mill, turner, grinder or similar)
- Use of standard measuring equipment (ala verniers or micrometres)
- Working in an engineering environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; work well with others in a team
- Be dependable and responsible, committed to excellence and success
- Computer literate | Strong numeric skills | Can follow procedures
- Diligent | Target-oriented | Eye for detail
- Engineering/Manufacturing qualification (ala NVQ, HND, Apprenticeship or equivalent)
- GCSE at grade C or above, in Maths & English Language
Mornings: | Mon to Thu, 6 AM-1.30 PM | Fri, 6 AM-12.45 PM
Evenings: | Mon to Thu, 1.30-9 PM | Fri, 12.30-7 PM
Overtime: available when required
- Salary: £24k-£33k (depending on experience)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Health Care
- Pension – 5% employer contribution
- Personal Accident plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- On-Site Canteen
- On-Site Parking
- Long Service Award
- Employee Suggestion Scheme
- Death in Service Scheme
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.