This company are a trusted and a recognised key provider of precision components and engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence, oil and gas, nuclear and commercial bronze sectors. They have 48 years’ experience working to the highest industry standards, controls, and compliance.
They are looking for an ESTIMATING ENGINEER with CNC Machining knowledge who can join their expanding sales team.
This company still operates with family values at heart. It has a positive, approachable, and welcoming culture. The company have recently made significant changes through Lean manufacturing improvements, including training, new layout and purchasing of capital machinery.
The role is essentially to pre-qualify RFQ’s and ascertain the contractual requirements, liaise with Engineering, Planning, Purchasing and Quality colleagues to produce quotations for high-precision machined parts. These parts are used principally in the oil and gas, aerospace, marine and industrial sectors.
This would suit an experienced estimator, CNC machinist who is looking for a new challenge in an office environment and can apply their experience and understanding of the methods of manufacturing. It would also appeal to graduate Engineers and those who have completed an Apprenticeship and are wanting to pursue a career as a Project Engineer, Sales Engineer, Estimator, or internal Account Manager.
- Producing quotations to deadlines – estimating all machining and inspection times for in-house elements and incorporate externally sourced elements
- Understand and identify machining methods of manufacture (milling and turning)
- Ownership of enquiries through the quotation process
- Provide numerical figure proposals to clients in line with SLA’s
- Customer liaison and working across departments
- Reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings
- Ideally have worked within precision engineering with extensive knowledge of modern machine capabilities.
This company are looking for a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude who will enjoy speaking to customers, suppliers, and internal departments to get the job done.
- Based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
- 38 Hours per week
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4pm and Friday 7am to 1pm
- 5% pension contribution
- Time off to attend medical appointments
- Enhanced sick pay privileges from SSP
- Long service awards
- Employee referral bonus
- 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.