We are representing a prominent Aerospace business looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. You will be reporting to the Services and Solution manager, the Infrastructure Engineer role will work within the IS team to support the implementation of all storage and virtualization and backup initiatives as assigned within the UK and Asia region.
Support Infrastructure Projects:
- Responsible for preparing required technical documentation
- Supporting the preparation of presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status updates to the PMO and IS Management
- Stay abreast of related technology and recommend future system enhancements, improving troubleshooting and reducing the manual tasks
- Build Storage and VMWare Infrastructure
- Contribute as a subject matter technical expert for virtualisation, storage and backups.
- Provide systems deployment, configuration, installation and support of equipment to the specification of client proposals
- Understanding and troubleshooting Operating system related issues
- Ensuring compliance to all security regulations and standards during builds
- Making and implementing recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Act as L2 and L3 support for VMWare and Storage
- Coaching, training, and general support to less experienced members of IT
- A point of contact for all monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution of various components of the VMWare and Storage environment
- VMWare and Storage Administration and Management on an enterprise level. Experience in managing global enterprise VMWare and Storage Environments
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of networks, servers and middleware, recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
- Performance monitoring and reporting. Log checks and reporting
- Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence.
- Experience and skills in cross-functional project and programme management.
- Rigour and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a capability to influence and challenge peers & leadership.
- Able to engage effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience of scripting tools to allow automation of key operational functions
- Deep technical knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, backup technologies and various Operating systems
- Technical Writing Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
- Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
- Flexibility, Time Management skills.
- ITIL Foundations, Certification or similar.
- Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Knowledge of aerospace business
- Application of structured transformation / change / project ways of working in fluid / fast
changing situations (i.e. not just program managing somewhere that is already very structured).
- Knowledge of French Language is a plus
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.