Inspector – General Aviation
We are working with a well-established, luxury Fixed Based Operator (FBO) who is looking for an Inspector /A&P to join the team. The primary function of the Inspector/A&P Mechanic is to perform inspections of products and record quality results under the supervision and direction of the Chief Inspector.
In addition to inspections, this individual is responsible for performing all facets of maintenance and repairs to aircraft by ensuring all aircraft are airworthy and that all technical aspects of the plane are documented properly. The Inspector/ A&P Mechanic is responsible for researching, interpreting, and applying technical data to the task at hand. This position is for 1st shift but may change as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret overhaul manuals, specifications, and repair procedures as applicable
- Complete all necessary inspections of product by utilizing inspection equipment, inspection techniques, specifications, blue prints, technical data, and customer purchase order
- Read and understand material specifications and be knowledgeable of sampling requirements per quality procedures
- Issuance of 8130, certificate of conformance, and perform necessary computer transactions
- Communicate defective material to production team lead and/or Chief Inspector
- Segregate defective material awaiting review and disposition
- Ensure inspection equipment is functional and calibrated
- Maintain part integrity throughout entire process
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the product team lead
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Efficient performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, small repairs, troubleshooting and line maintenance on a variety of mid-sized jet, turbo jets, and propeller driven aircraft
- Work in team environment under a Repair Station to the highest FAA standards
- Annual Re-Current Training as required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess 5-10 years’ experience in corporate aviation as an A&P
- Customer focus-naturally outgoing/extroverted. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by our insurance company (Requires clean driving record)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Bi-linqual a plus
- Results driven
- Strong time management skills
This position works inside a hangar and outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
- Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications.
Position requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition, frequent lifting, carrying weight up to 35 pounds, and occasional pushing/pulling weights up to 100 pounds.
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt position.
This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- A & P Mechanic certification
- Prior aircraft ground handling experience
- High School Diploma
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Participate in DOT drug and alcohol screening program
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.