Machine Maintenance Engineer
We are representing a company that is a global leader in aircraft landing and braking systems, dedicated to advancing safer and more sustainable aviation for present and future generations. They specialise in the design, testing, manufacturing, and assembly of landing gear for commercial aircraft.
- Conducting reactive and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Utilizing engineering drawings to diagnose faults and determine necessary spare parts.
- Documenting and prioritizing tasks through a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Adhering to HS&E (Health, Safety, and Environment) standards and policies.
- Completion of a time-served engineering maintenance apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) or relevant experience in maintenance (with the ability to enhance qualification level).
- Proficiency in interpreting mechanical drawings, including assembly and schematics.
- Capability to collaborate effectively within a team and work independently.
- Aptitude in fault finding, with experience in mechanical systems such as advanced pneumatics, advanced hydraulics, hydrostatics, gearboxes, and electro spindles.
- Competence in fabrication and fitting (core bench-fitting skills required).
- Familiarity with PLC controls and HMIs (Human-Machine Interfaces).
- Experience using a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Ability to work safely and uphold HS&E standards and policies.
- Electrical experience or qualification.#
- HNC (Higher National Certificate) in mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of machine geometry, encompassing levels, alignments of linear and radial axes, kinematics, and RTCP (Rotary Tool Center Point) adjustment.
- Experience working with conventional and CNC mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Knowledge of lean, 5S, and 6 Sigma methodologies.
- Flexible working hours, with early Friday finishes (4.5-day work week).
- 25 days of holiday + UK Bank Holidays, with the option to buy/sell annual leave.
- Annual bonus through profit sharing.
- Shares scheme participation.
- Pension scheme (with up to 8% matching).
Onsite facilities including a subsidized canteen, bicycle storage, and shower/changing amenities.
- Free onsite parking.
- Schemes such as: life assurance, cycle-to-work, technology and retail savings, healthcare and wellbeing services, and more. Engagement in STEM activities with educational institutions and involvement in charitable initiatives
- Year-round social events, sports, and social clubs.
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.