Maintenance Avionics Technician
We are working with a well-established, luxury Fixed Based Operator (FBO) who are looking for an Avionics Technican to join the team. The Avionics Technician is responsible for performing all facets of maintenance and repairs to aircraft by ensuring all aircraft is airworthy and that all technical aspects of the plane are documented properly. The Avionics Technician is responsible for researching, interpreting, and applying technical data to the task at hand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Efficient performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections,
small repairs, troubleshooting and line maintenance on a variety of mid-sized jet,
turbo jets, and propeller driven aircraft.
- Perform inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replace components and
correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to aircraft.
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations.
- Perform maintenance aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and
- Troubleshoot and assist with repairs on components detached from the aircraft,
for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors and leading edges.
- Assist with on-site and off-site repairs to aircraft.
- Assist Aircraft Technicians and other employees in troubleshooting and repair of
- Work on aircraft as well as in shops, for example, cleaning aircraft using approved
materials, methods and equipment.
- Document work performed per Inspections Procedure Manual.
- Troubleshoot and perform complex electrical repairs at on-site and off-site
locations as needed.
- Assist and perform as needed with complete engine runs, transport of aircraft and
operation of ground support equipment.
- Work in team environment under a Repair Station to the highest FAA standards.
- Annual Re-Current Training as required
- Familiarity with airline call outs preferred.
- Attention to detail: This skill helps avionics technicians detect minor problems early before they become more serious.
- Problem-solving: This skill helps avionics technicians fix faulty electronic systems and know whether to repair or replace components.
- Time management: An avionics technician needs strong time management skills so they can work within deadlines, so aircraft are safe and ready when needed.
- Technical skills: General technical skills help avionics technicians complete complex repair tasks to standard.
- Customer focus-naturally outgoing/extroverted.6. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by our insurance company (Requires clean driving record)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Fluent in English & Spanish
This position works inside a hangar and outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
- Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Position requires sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition, frequent lifting, carrying weight up to 35 pounds, and occasional pushing/pulling weights up to 100 pounds.
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays, as well as overtime when necessary.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Aviation Experience (18 months) *Documented (AMT Logbook)
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Experience with Schematics and Maintenance Manuals
- Airframe Specific Knowledge (Identification of airframes)
- Soldering Skills
- Harness Fabrication
- Basic Airframe (Installation of Radio Racks, Avionics Systems, Antennas)
- Operating Hand Tools including but not limited to Calibrated Crimping Tools
- Maintenance Documentation Skills including Logbook Entries,337 Forms, Weight & Balance calculations, STC Application Requirements.
- Ability for Troubleshooting Complex Avionics systems (Garmin, Bendix King, Collins)
- Experience with Part 91.411, Part 91.413 & RVSM Certification.
- FCC Element 1 and Element 3
- Prior aircraft ground handling experience
- High School Diploma preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Participate in DOT drug and alcohol screening program
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.