Mechanical Design Engineer
You could join a growing team of expert engineers, developing mission-critical products for Europe’s nuclear and healthcare industries. This company specialises in nuclear engineering
(shielding, containment, remote handling and packaging). They value safety and “fresh thinking”, with aims to become “the most respected and fulfilling” nuclear employer in the UK.
Working in a multi-disciplined engineering team, you would produce engineering concept, scheme and detailed design solutions to deliver on major projects.
- Develop engineering concepts and technical solutions, complying with company and international standards
- Work under minimal supervision, but with consistent colleague-consultations.
- Design improvements to manufacturing machinery (ala jigs/fixtures)
- Produce and check technical design and design-support documentation;
- Draughting, testing of products, and other organizational tasks
- Manage the substantiation/validation of design output
- Issue engineering documents as required.
- Provide technical liaison with Clients and Suppliers.
- Assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Engineering Department.
- Follow GDPR (data protection) requirements in a highly regulated environment.
- Support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of the company’s fast-paced regulatory environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety; ensure all statutory obligations are met and the safety of staff, clients and visitors meet UK and European standards.
- Engineering qualification: HNC/D, BEng, MSc, or equivalent
- Mechanical Design: engineering concept, scheme & detail; designing for manufacture; draughting; 3D CAD modelling & 2D drawings (Solidworks or similar).
- Substantiation & validation of engineering design; managing/participating in design reviews
- Knowledge of mechanical calculations (e.g. FEA, stress analysis or similar).
- Familiar with nuclear design standards and regulations (or similar).
- Inspection and testing
- Technical: documentation (control, configuration & issue); reporting (internal & external)
- Engineering designation: EngTech, IEng, CEng, iMechE or similar
- Experienced with nuclear (or a highly regulated) industry
- Security Cleared (DV/SC)
- Leadership and management of multi-discipline teams
- Knowledge of Project Management (time, cost & quality)
- NEC contract or similar experience
- Technical support to 1) bid process 2) commercial department
- Base Salary: £33k-£45k | Senior Designer: £39k-£54k
- Hybrid working: up to 50% remote, with 50% onsite in Winchester
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Life Assurance (insurance)
- Private Healthcare
- Relocation packages
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Introduce a Friend Bonus
- Part-time Opportunities Available
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.