Working within non-destructive testing (NDT), you will use Magnetic Particle, Dye Penetrant, Acid Etch, and Visual inspection to ensure products meet requirements. You will check locally machined aircraft parts for defects and/or design compliance.
- Perform NDT: Magnetic Particle, Penetrant Flaw and Acid Etch Inspection.
- Test and calibrate machinery; ensure working order and compliance to standards.
- Complete documentation, with admin data, in a timely manner.
- Compile work instructions and handle other administration tasks.
- Managing inventory within the department will also be required.
- Carry out inspection tasks in other areas when necessary.
- Compile quality reports where required.
- May be called upon to work within other areas of the quality department.
- Other duties as deemed relevant in the fulfilment of the position.
- Hold valid NDT certificate: Acid Etch, Magnetic Particle or Dye Penetrant
– Must be Level II, certified to EN 4179 or NAS 410.
- Engineering background, ideally within aerospace manufacturing
- Good communication skills – spoken and written
- Attention-to-detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
- Ability and willingness to work within a team
- Can read engineering drawings with specs (GD&T)
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer literate (Full training will be given to suitable applicant)
Mornings: | Mon to Thu, 6 AM-1.30 PM | Fri, 6 AM-12.45 PM
Evenings: | Mon to Thu, 1.30-9 PM | Fri, 12.30-7 PM
Nights: | Mon to Thu, 9 PM-6 AM | (Fri, no shift)
Overtime: available when required
- Salary: £30k-£37k (yearly)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Health Care
- Personal Accident plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Suggestion Scheme
- Pension – 5% employer contribution
- Subsidised Canteen
- On-Site Parking
- Long Service Award
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Death in Service Scheme
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.