Quality Manager – Field Services
We are representing a leading engine MRO organization that provides solutions in the commercial aerospace industry. The Quality Manager develops and maintains the FAA 145 repair station quality system. The position is responsible for quality assurance and the quality control function of the repair station. Ensure all quality-related policies and procedures detailed in the repair station quality manual are adhered to and perform ongoing reviews to ensure effectiveness.
- Maintain and keep current all records, manuals, and other necessary documentation for review by the governing authority/authorities.
- Liaise with governing authorities such as the FAA, EASA, and customers on matters related to the Quality system.
- Establish procedures for dealing with non-conformities, monitoring non-conformity reports, and taking corrective/preventive action in response to audit findings.
- Review the Quality Systems on new subcontractors who impact the operation and organize audits of their quality systems.
- Monitor all contracted maintenance for compliance with contract conditions and ensure that they have relevant Part 145 approvals.
- Grant authority to individuals to receive technician stamps, inspector stamps, and return to service.
- Work alongside the accountable manager and help define the training syllabus for all technical employees.
- Ensure the repair station has access to all appropriate technical publications and amend and revise as necessary.
- Establish a materials management inspection section by granting stores inspection authority to suitable individuals.
- Maintain the company’s regulatory approvals.
- Properly train staff on Quality inspections and audits.
- Work well with engineering, analyzing all relevant data and circulate within the company as necessary.
- Responsible for all Quality records.
- Maintain a summary of tech levels and communicate any changes to other departments as needed.
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four or more years’ FAA repair station experience or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in quality assurance, quality engineering, and/or operations management.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally.
- 3 plus years of previous leadership experience managing/leading direct reports.
- Proficient user of Adobe DC & Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to obtain a US Passport.
The Quality Manager is accountable for maintaining the repair station quality department and maintain compliance in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.