Senior Quality Engineer
This role supports all Quality Assurance activities external to the business. Our business has many inputs from external factors such as customer and suppliers. A Senior Quality Engineer is required to ensure that these critical elements of the business are managed and driven through to completion with efficiency and accuracy. This role will report into the Quality Assurance Manager and will deputize during absences.
Responsible for ensuring the required External Quality Activities are maintained and improved. Ensuring customer satisfaction and Supplier development activities are supported and undertaken. Reporting on activities and improvements to achieve company goals.
- Customer Liaison and first contact for concerns.
- Managing the Customer returns process, working with Internal Quality Engineers and reporting progress to Customer Services and the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Identifies and understands quality provisions and requirement of the customer contract, specifications and expectations.
- Acts as Customer Eyes Overcheck in rotation with other Quality Department members.
- Conduct Internal audits such as system, environmental, product and process.
- Conduct External Audits on Existing and New Suppliers.
- Support Supplier Development and Major impact incidents.
- Facilitate problem solving activities and improvements using 8D, DMAIC or other quality tools primarily within the supply chain but occasionally supporting internal activities as required.
- Hosting External Audits by Customers and Regulatory bodies.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent ability in Problem Resolution with 8D and other tools is essential – Preferably to AS13000 Standard
- Degree in electromechanical engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 5 Years minimum in a Manufacturing Quality Engineering role
- Ability to make decisions and follow through any given actions to a successful end result
- Ability to challenge the norm
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with employees, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure
- Essential to have a strong bias for Action.
- Must have high bandwidth for multiple and concurrent projects
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license
- Familiar with AESQ and the associated Reference Manuals
- Completion of CAA Part 21 Subpart G awareness training
- Valid AS13001 Certificate – or ability to gain certification
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.