We are representing a world leading aerospace manufacturer. They design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft.
The Systems Administrator role will work within the IS team to support the implementation of all Local/Global IS projects or new digital initiatives as assigned within the UK and Asia region.
This role will act as the IS technical resource for related projects as assigned by IS Management.
• Support IS Technical Projects
• Work as part of the project team to deliver assigned projects
• Responsible for preparing required technical documentation
• Supporting the preparation of presentations around project proposals & feasibilities and provide IS project status updates to the PMO and IS Management.
• Build Server Infrastructure:
• Creating servers including build of OS and services for Windows
• Configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows servers
• Ensuring compliance to all security regulations or standards during builds
• Rack physical equipment.
• Act as L2 and in some cases L3 support for IS infrastructure/Systems/Platforms
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems, recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
• Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data centre hardware performing changes, support and decommissioning of servers when requested.
• Developing scripts to automate repetitive daily administrations tasks and customized scripts for resolving incidents and problems to prevent recurrence
• Participating in the “On-Call” rotation with other IS personnel.
• Rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Resilient and able to manage ambiguity and complexity.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of various Windows Server Operating systems
• Experience with Monitoring tool solutions
• Documentation Skills. (Specifically related to IS projects)
• Ability to concurrently manage a diverse list of items.
• Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
• Time Management skills.
• ITIL Foundations Certification or similar.
• Skill in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
• Knowledge of aerospace business.
• Basic understanding of VMWare, NetApp and Citrix
• Basic understanding in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, databases and mobility).
• Knowledge of French Language is a plus
• Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
• 10 % bonus
• Share scheme options
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
• Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Capilaux is a recruitment business and is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.